Sunday, August 07, 2005

Zdzislaw Beksinski

Untitled Zdzislaw Beksinski... Untitled (1965, ball-point pen). From Drawing by Zdzislaw Beksinski at Dmochowski Gallery. "...I found out about my real likes at the age of 35. Suddenly, when drawing one of a serial pictures, I made a discovery, it dawned on me, I saw the light like St. Paul. I felt as if had got clubbed. For at least two weeks I was sort of knocked out, obsessed with only one thought: 'So this is WHAT it's all about.' Of course, later I got used to it and everything was back to normal. But WHERE DID IT COME FROM? Where did I get infected? I had thought before that I tended to be a sadist and even dreamed of raping somebody, but I knew I would never do it as I hold violence in contempt, I am a man of manners and such 'low things' are not allowed."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home