Sunday, October 09, 2005

Glamorous Piles & Puffy Saddlebags

Gregory Jacobsen... Glamorous Piles & Puffy Saddlebags at Zg Gallery in Chicago. "...I try to start painting nice people, with regular features. Then I look at it and it doesn't have the emotional impact I want, so I have to go in and scratch out their nose, and mess their face up a bit. I don't know; it might be a sort of expressionism - it conveys this intense emotion, like maybe the peak of climax or the moment before death. There's also this patheticness, and for me, sex ties in with being very pathetic. I mean, sex is really silly; it's just thump-thump-thump. But I would love to paint beautiful people and still maintain that tension, like Balthus." More Works by Gregory Jacobsen at his own site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home