Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The Cameraman Has Visited Our Town

The Cameraman Has Visited Our Town (1989). A film by Tom Whiteside. "...H. Lee Waters (1902-1997) operated a photography studio on Main Street in Lexington, North Carolina for more than 60 years. For most of that time, his work covered the standard range of commercial still photography - weddings, portraits, school groups. But during the lean years of the late Depression Waters hit the road with a 16mm camera and projector and created 'Movies of Local People.'"

2 Comments:

Anonymous used surfboards said...

Hi, you almost lost me for one second there... but I'm glad I didn't click away. First, I enjoyed your post, and second, maybe you can help. I don't know how much blog spam you get but I get tons on my blog. Most of the time I'm talking about surf boards stuff because I have a surf boards website, and people post all this junk with their links and stuff. As blog owners, I guess we'll always be subject to the unethical and inconsiderate. Well, hopefully it's not driving you to crazy... Good luck partner, enjoy the positives friend.

Bye ~

8:18 AM  
Anonymous surf board said...

Hi, you almost lost me for one second there... but I'm glad I didn't click away. First, I enjoyed your post, and second, maybe you can help. I don't know how much blog spam you get but I get tons on my blog. Most of the time I'm talking about new surf board stuff because I have a new surf board website, and people post all this junk with their links and stuff. As blog owners, I guess we'll always be subject to the unethical and inconsiderate. Well, hopefully it's not driving you to crazy... Good luck partner, enjoy the positives friend.

Bye ~

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home