Tuesday, January 02, 2007

György Stalter: Józsefváros

György Stalter: Józsefváros. "...This series of photographs is the product of several years of work in pursuit of renewal of photo reportage as a genre. I use a specific set of colours achieved by analogue techniques of picture-modification. My aim is to create a subjective reality of present-time documentary by shifting the simple reality. My ambition - stimulated by the changed visual culture and visuality - is vital to help the receiver recognize the social connections. The current experiment means to me an attempt to reassess the category of traditional socio-photography. This revaluation of the photo reportage is important for me in both content and formal means. The photos record the vanishing mood of Józsefváros, the part of the 8th District of Budapest which is undergoing to rapid progress and change where old and new still meet in the lives of people living here."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home