Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Lovely Road

FILE Magazine... The Lovely Road by Scott Hammond. "...The Lovely Road is a selection of images by photographer Scott Hammond, who specializes in Polaroid photography. Scott captured the images during five years of criss-crossing the country. He explains, 'I travel the country looking for the mundane, the ordinary, the quintessential American moment to record with my Polaroid camera. Why? I’m still not quite sure. I’m conflicted whether I’m recording moments in American life or just moments in my life. Or maybe they’re both, I don’t know. The same way I collect postcards, paper placemats, and brochures, I collect Polaroids of everyday things that I generally find alongside some road in the middle of nowhere. I realize it’s a compulsion. It’s a bizarre need that I feel to collect and preserve what would ordinarily be quickly forgotten.'
The beautiful images presented here are just a small sample of an amazing larger body of work that captures a broad spectrum of the mundane and sublime pleasures of American life."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home