Thursday, April 26, 2007

Meet the Teenie Weenies

Meet the Teenie Weenies. "...Although largely forgotten today, the "Teenie Weenies" cartoons enchanted readers of all ages for more than 50 years. Created by William Donahey, the diminutive Teenie Weenies, a self-sufficient group of hardworking and courteous 2-inch-tall people, appeared in newspapers, books, and on a variety of licensed products between 1914 and 1970. Thirteen of Donahey's original Teenie Weenies drawings are the featured gallery this month from Wisconsin Historical Images, the Society's online image database."

1 Comments:

Blogger Eston said...

With her paintings, abstract art for sale online aims to reflect what it is to be human. Drawing inspiration from everyday situations and experiences, she creates realistic works that have a strong hint of impressionism. “I’m a true romantic and I’m a real people person in my personal life and in my art. I love to create people, engaging with them, and challenging myself to really feel what is going on between my subjects,” she says.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home