Monday, December 14, 2009

Nicholas Hughes: Field (2007-2009)

Nicholas Hughes: Field (2007-2009) at Nailya Alexander Gallery. "...Having sought previously to create a primordial forest in central London, it seemed an appropriate next step to remove myself to a more remote location in order to further examine the human relationship with nature. At the outset of a two-year period spent in the far southwest of England I determined to restrict my attention to only that which lay within my immediate vicinity and was accessible by foot. In line with previous attempts to work within a defined space I made a field bordering my home the arena of my activities. Submerging myself within this space satisfied my desire to restrict my impact on the Earth, for in place of travel to new and exotic destinations I sought the new and exotic at home." More... Works by Nicholas Hughes at his personal site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home