The Bruehl Studio Collection
The Bruehl Studio Collection at UMBC. "...The Bruehl Studio was founded and run by Austrailian-born brothers and photographers Anton and Martin Bruehl. The Bruehl brothers opened their studio in 1927, on Lexington Avenue in New York City. The Bruehls collaborated with technician Fernand Bourges to produce the highest quality color images of the time, using the color carbro technique. Condé Nast hired the studio to create images for their publications, such as Vogue, Vanity Fair, and House and Garden. The studio thrived as a commercial success, producing both advertising photographs and editorials. The Bruehl studio was in operation until 1966."