Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What Was I Thinking: 25 Year Anniversary


Keith Carter... Chicken Feathers (1992). From the exhibition What Was I Thinking: 25 Year Anniversary at Catherine Edelman Gallery in Chicago, IL. "...The last time I picked up a camera was May 1987, shortly before graduating from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago with an M.F.A. in photography. A few months before I was set to graduate, while in a hotel room recovering from eye surgery, I joked with my mother that trying to make a living being a one-eyed photographer was probably not a good career plan. After much laughter, my mother asked me what I thought I wanted to do and, much to my surprise, I said, 'I think I should open a contemporary photography gallery in Chicago.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home